Today Anyone Can Build An Online Business With Relative Ease At Minimal Cost.
But What Makes An Online Business SUCCESSFUL?
It’s not the fancy bells and whistles, although that can help. More importantly, it’s the driving force behind the website….YOU. If you study some of the most SUCCESSFUL people in the world you’ll find that there are common traits that if applied to your business online, will create SUCCESS.
Your Passion Can Include a Multitude of Desires…..
- What gives you a fire that makes life worth living?
- What do you care about? The more you care, the greater your passion. You’ll take it seriously because it’s deeply important to you.
- What mark do you want to leave when you’re gone?
These are powerful motivators that will help you reach your full potential.
- Passion motivates you into action and action generates results.
- Passion persuades people to believe in you, and people who believe in you will follow you.
What are you interested in?
You must be Interested before you can become Passionate.
1. List three (3) things that interest you. They could be anything, sports, music, child care, reading, traveling, volunteering, or even your career or job.
2. For each of the three (3) interests you listed, what are the reasons why you enjoy doing them? If one of your interests is child care for example, is it because you love children, love being around them, love bringing joy to their lives, they bring joy to your life? Some interests may have more or less reasons, but that’s okay.
3. Rate each reason for each interest on a scale of 1 – 5 based on how passionate you feel about the reason you enjoy doing it with 1 being the least passionate and 5 being the most passionate. For example, love children might be 5, love being around them may be 4, love bringing joy to their lives may 5, and they bring joy to my life might be 5.
4. Total the scores for each interest and then label them 1 – 3 from highest score to lowest score.
Whatever your interests may be, they are the start of ideas for your Website and the Foundation for Building Your SUCCESSFUL Business Online.
There is a BONUS Video on how to “Create a Website in Under 30 Seconds” at the end.
When you’re Passionate about your Business, you’re more likely to SUCCEED!
Education and Training are Essential Keys to Building a SUCCESSFUL Business Online.
- Education is concept-based – it’s about understanding the theory behind a particular subject.
- Training is skill oriented – it’s about practice, skill, and learning how to do things.
If you received an education in online marketing ten (10) years ago, that just means you used to know a lot. The online marketing process is forever evolving, it is critical that you stay on top of new developments and adapt to this rapidly changing environment.
A marketing strategy that might have worked well yesterday might suddenly stop working today.
In The Beginning You Got Mail
AOL introduced my generation, millions and millions of people, to the World Wide Web. It was a household name and the way we communicated via email.
Marketers across the world were given a quick and cost effective way to reach consumers. As more and more marketers started to jump on the bandwagon, inboxes soon became flooded with unsolicited mail. Rules began to be put in place to protect consumers from “Spam”.
Email is still a viable marketing strategy today. Having an up to date, “double opt-in” mailing list to keep in contact with your customers is a huge asset.
So why do some businesses have great success with email marketing while others end up with undelivered or unopened mail?
There is a science behind maintaining a profitable mailing list and encouraging your subscribers to buy whatever you’re selling every time you send them an email.
Google Keyword Search
Google came along and made it much easier for consumers to search for the products they want to buy and the businesses they want to buy from. While this is much easier for the consumer, it presents some challenges for business owners.
There are at least three (3) different types of ads you need to understand and plan for:
1. Paid Ads
2. Google Local Listings
3. Free Organic Listings
Each of these marketing options has its own set of skills, knowledge and techniques if you use them to drive traffic to your website.
Then Along Came Social Media
Facebook represents a whole new and exciting way to engage and connect with consumers, but it too represents yet another marketing medium that needs to be learned and mastered.
And let’s not forget about Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchap, the one(s) I forgot to mention, and whatever the next Big Social Media Craze will be.
The Evolution Continues With the Smartphone
Smartphones are growing in popularity annually. Almost everyone now use their mobile device to search for products and services and take part in Social Media.
Again, this presents more challenges and questions when marketing your business online.
Another Change Will Come
The online business world changes rapidly as search engines change, as the techniques and strategies for building a business change, and as technology rapidly progress.
Continuous Education and Training Promises You A Competitive Advantage that Keeps You Ahead of the Curve in Terms of What Works Today and What Will Work Tomorrow.
My Preferred Resource is Wealthy Affiliate University; they have an Online State of the Art Educational System with a Step-By-Step Training Platform for newbies and advanced marketers alike.
In just the first few lessons you learn about the most current traffic techniques and how you can get an ABUNDANCE of relevant customers to your website through rankings in all the search engines…like Google, Bing & Yahoo.
As you advance in your training you can obtain a Certification in “Mastering Social Engagement”, a course dedicated to all Social related aspects of Marketing – from Social Media, Social Marketing, and Social Networks.
Why Do People Network?
- To accelerate their professional development
- To learn the dynamics within their industry
- To get “plugged in” to their Community
- To facilitate win-win relationships
- To develop knowledge resources
- To establish business contacts
- To create referral networks
Robert T. Kiyosaki, author of Rich Dad Poor Dad, said it best:
“The Richest People in the World Look for and Build Networks, Everyone Else Looks for Work.”
The Benefits of Online Networking
- You have many opportunities to form strategic partnerships with other members of your online community.
- You have the opportunity to learn new ways to market your business from other online marketers.
- You are able to connect with people around the world from all walks of life.
Networking for Online SUCCESS
Being part of an online community that fosters dynamic networking relationships, contributes greatly to the SUCCESS of your online business. By dynamic, I mean an atmosphere of interdependence where everyone within the community is committed to helping each other SUCCEED.
Networking is about making connections and building enduring, mutually beneficial relationships. You must not only be passionate about what you do, but you must also have a passion for helping others. Otherwise, it’s unlikely that you’ll be able to attract others to your message and build mutually beneficial relationships.
Building Relationships is all about Trust and Credibility.
At the heart of your SUCCESS is the Human Element. Really get to know the people you are engaging with online and share valuable information that will help them in some way. Once they get to know you and the value you bring to the relationship, they will become more interested in what you are offering and speak favorably about you to others online.
People get excited about interacting and developing relationships with people they trust and consider experts in their industry.
Wealthy Affiliate University has an Interactive Online Community of like-minded individuals from all over the world where you can Network and create lasting Relationships in an atmosphere designed to help each other SUCCEED. The link below is a great example of this:
Read some of the comments from other members.
By the way, Kevin did give me permission to link his post above.
If you completed the exercise under “PASSION & DESIRE”, you should have discovered at-least three (3) interests driven by your innermost passion and desires. Now, turn your passion into a livelihood.
This is the start of ideas for your website and the Foundation for Building your SUCCESSFUL Business Online!
Thanks to WordPress
Building a website today is easy in comparison to the days of old when you needed to know html coding. If you google “What is WordPress” you’ll find it is “probably the easiest and most powerful blogging and website content management system (or CMS) in existence today”. Everyone from Fortune 500 Companies, to News & Media Outlets, to Celebrities, to Famous Bloggers is using it.
If You want to Build a SUCCESSFUL Business Online, then You should be using WordPress to.
Not only is it easy for anyone, from Beginner to the Expert to use, you can build a WordPress website in under 30 seconds for FREE!
Check out this Video below:
You Have the Keys to Building a SUCCESSFUL Business Online, Now What?
Step 2: Create a totally Free account at Wealthy Affiliate University.
Step 3: Get Access to an entire Education & Networking Platform.
Step 4: Start Building Your Website for $0.00.
And just like that, you are on your way to Building a SUCCESSFUL Business Online.